RYA Shorebased Navigation & Seamanship Courses
Our sail and power boat training courses give you the knowledge and confidence to skipper your own boat or to charter a yacht - anywhere in the world.
We have the courses to help you make the most of your opportunities to get afloat safely.
Built around the Royal Yachting Association National Cruising Scheme, we provide:
- Extended theory courses in navigation and seamanship
- Intensive theory courses in navigation and seamanship
- Hands-on experience in sea going pleasure yachts
- Short courses on topics of special interest to sailors
- Refresher courses to keep you up to date with developments in the boating world
Established for over 25 years, our team of RYA recognised instructors use their enthusiasm and experience to deliver a high standard of instruction and student satisfaction. We believe that learning the skills to take a boat to sea should be fun, yet lead to safe practices when you go to sea.
We are located close to Junction 25 of the M1, in easy reach of Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and other towns and cities in the East Midlands
RYA Training Centre
Trent Sea Training is an RYA (Royal Yachting Association) approved and accredited training school. Joining the RYA gives access to many benefits for all sailors. Click the banner below to join or renew your membership and to find out how the RYA can help you - and how you can help them to support UK sailing and sailors.